Friday, April 15, 2011

Unreal Experiment

I've been messing around with UDK (Unreal Development Kit) lately. I was not planning on sharing anything before I had anything to share but since a friend asked for some pictures at least I decided to take a couple of them. Once I have something more concrete I will make a video.

The first image is suppose to be a tank storage room with some kind of spring mechanism to make it easier to move the tanks around. I added some blood splash decals on the floor, wall and in the hanging tank to look like a battle took place there.

The second image is where the player will find a control switch to open a gate that leads to the large room that can be seen through the broken glass windows. The spotlight is aimed directly at the switch so it's easier for the player to spot once he goes inside.

This is the very first level thatI'm actually showing other people. My goal with this is to try out and put into practice my experiences acquired from reading, playing and talking to other designers.

My next goal is to make a full playable level. I will post my progress here.

1 comment:

  1. This is looking promising, but I will not lie: I want to see MUCH more already...

    Grats on the new project, Rafa!

    ReplyDelete